Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Double Decker Nests

Double Decker Nests

Well. This a a first for me. Two firsts actually. Two nests on the same tower. I see them built on top all the time, but I don't remember ever seeing one built inside. And, before today I've never seen two nests on the same tower. So, two firsts for me. A nest built inside the tower AND two nests on the same tower. I'll have to remember to go back this spring and see if both are occupied. I can't imagine they would both be occupied at the same time, but hey, stranger things have happened.

There is another possibility. What looks like a second nest inside could just be some sticks from the top nest that fell through and got caught inside. But that theory is no fun at all, so I am sticking with the double decker nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment